Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving the Sequel

So, I know it has been a while (and, even thought I don't see you, I have really missed you guys) but sweet bebe has had an ear infection, I have been getting ready for my trip to India and Hubby Darling has been under the weather and frantic with work.  Oh yeah, and Thanksgiving and company and trying to get my life together for next quarter and, and, and.

However, I decided that I liked the gratitude thing way too much to give it up.  So, I have decided to keep it up (for the most part,  If I skip a day I am thankful that the world will not end) for the next year.  I was chatting about this to a girlfriend (LOVE my girlfriends, they keep me sane.  Well, partially sane) and she swears a consistent focus on gratitude will change my life.  Which I am kind of opposed to since my life is pert near perfect as it is.  So, as a warning, if my life takes a turn for the worse, I will drop the gratitude thing and practice my curmudgeon-ness.  : )

Today I am crazy grateful for my son's belly laughs.  No one has a more infectious laugh than him.  And I mean NO ONE.  Seriously, he was laughing the other day at a restaurant (yes, we take him out to restaurants and, no, he does not cry but he does eat and laugh like no other baby) and he had the four tables around us laughing also.  It was fabulous.

And the oddest things can set him off.  The usual stuff makes him laugh (Daddy makes a jake brake sound, please don't ask me what a jake brake is, I just know the sound it makes; his ticklish thighs; dancing to "We Like to Move It, Move It") but the thing that makes him laugh the most is our English Bulldog, Delilah.  The mere sight of her sends him into peals of laughter. 




This was taken yesterday when The Divine Miss D walked into the room.  Honestly, how can you resist that face?

Personally, I love the following photo because he looks so angelic. 



How can you not be filled with gratitude when you see that little mug in the morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment