Tuesday, March 9, 2010

#3 Use Your Passport

A well-worn passport is a sign of a well-lived life.  (I pinched that from the University of Denver's website.  I figure for the $85k I am giving them for my IMBA, they can lend me a phrase).

Bebe boy, you had a passport before you turned one.  You and I went to Europe to celebrate your first birthday.  Your daddy and I value travel more than most people.  I promise you, you will never regret the money you spend on travel, especially international travel.

Travel opens your eyes in ways that nothing else can.  See the world.  Don't be afraid of people.  Don't panic about food and constantly ask "what is in that?"  This does not pertain, however, to local water depending upon where you go.  Opt for Cokes or beer.  Trust me on this one.



Go on safari.  Say a prayer at Notre Dame.  Ogle the tulips at Keukenhof.  Trek for the gorillas in Rwanda.  Understand at the Cannes Peace Memorial.  Shed a tear at Patton's gravesite in Luxembourg.  Dance a tango in South America.  Eat street food in Singapore.  The world is a huge, delicious place full of amazing and interesting people -- go out and see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment