Sunday, March 7, 2010

The New and Improved Blog

I know it has been a while since I have blogged.  There are some reasons, the first of them being, I have been busy, uninspired and, well, lazy.  This takes a lot more effort than it seems like it should.  I mean, really, how much time can it possibly take to write several paragraphs?  And sometimes it seems like no one is reading this anyway so what is the point?

I am, clearly, not a fan of the winter months.  I simply need sun and warmth to make me believe that life will go on.  Pathetic, yes, but at least I own it.

A couple of nights ago, Hubby and I watched Julie and Julia.  I totally "got" that movie for several reasons including:  1) I am madly in love with Julia Child 2) I am a blogger and 3) I love to cook (and am into the whole local and organic food movement).  I actually cried a bit when Julia Child died and, oddly enough, I was in Paris when it happened.

This tearful episode is remarkable for the reason that I am not a cryer.  Never have been -- probably never will be.   I can tear up when I hear fantastic news or feel a major sense of relief.  I have been known to tear up when watching Hubby and bebe sleep while holding hands.  But full-fledged waterworks running down my face?  Hummm, perhaps every other year.  Maybe every third year.  I just don't do it.

Hubby finds this to be one of my endearing traits -- don't all men hate the random TearFest?  However, when I do sob, it absolutely gets his attention and he knows that I mean business.

But back to the point, the movie made me wonder if I should not have more of a focus to my blog.  Right now it is funny stories, some recipes, random baby stuff...  But I don't have a hilarious pass-along every single day.  Yes, I am witty but, seriously, people I am not a walking calamity.

Plus, a lot of what I put in here is stuff I want to remember about bebe.  Everyone tells me that "you swear you won't forget things and you absolutely do."  Given the fact that I believe these folks (I was never the girl who had to learn by my own mistakes, I could totally look at someone else's cock-up and decide not to jump off the proverbial bridge myself), I have opted to write the incidents down.  I figure when I go to the old lady home, someone can read my stories to me and amuse me while I eat pudding.

So, I have kind of decided to make the new and improved blog have a piece of advice everyday for sweet bebe.  Of course, I will still have random snippets, recipes and stories.  But at least the advice part I can come up with every single day rather than whenever I have a specific story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment