Saturday, September 26, 2009

Vanilla Overnight Waffles

These are so, so good (and great texture) and having to not make batter in the morning is perfect for non-morning people like me.



1/2 teaspoon yeast
2 cups flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
large pinch of salt
2 cups milk
1 stick of butter, melted (cool slightly)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs

The night before, mix all the dry ingredients IN A LARGE BOWL. The batter will rise so you need a large bowl or there will be a mess. I learned this one the hard way. Trust me on this.



Into the dry ingredients add the milk followed by the butter and vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap and leave on the counter. Yes, milk on the counter overnight. I promise that you will not die.


The next morning, seperate the eggs. Beat the yolks and add them to the batter. Beat the egg whites and then fold them in to the batter.


Plunk in a waffle iron and enjoy.


I have added chocolate chips, almond meal and blueberries to these. Each one is a really good....

3 comments:

  1. you PROMISE i won't die!?! sounds delish!!! (did i mention that i have T W O waffle makers?! my kitchen is like an assembly line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have killed very few people and none of them via waffles. It totally freaked me out the first time I did it but I have moved past the fear. I even feed these to sweet bebe boy... he is frigteningly gourmet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is this recipe for those of us at sea level? Any changes we should make?

    ReplyDelete