Saturday, October 24, 2009

Momma Day at the Farm

I love the fact that I live in a place (Colorado Springs) that has a communuity-supported organic garden -- Venetucci Farm -- in its midst. 

We went out there today and looked at the chickens, petted the horses and laughed our diapers off at the piglets.  For the record I am TERRIFIED of birds (please don't argue with me about this, it is my fear and I am entitled to one phobia) and these birds were free-range.  I photographed the moment so that when bebe is 14 and screams "I hate you!  You have never supported me," I will be able to calmly whip out the photos of me holding him in the midst of heirloom chickens so he would have that experience.  Take that, future drama king, I loved you enough to deal with feral chickens.  .

After the photo shoot, I threw up from nerves behind the barn but that does not count against me, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment