Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Personal Bucket List

In honor of my birthday last week, I have decided to publish my personal Bucket List. Yes, I know, it seems like an obnoxious way to honor a birthday but since, according to my brother, I am "halfway to dead," I might as well make a list of the important stuff I want to do with my time left.

I don't know about you but I seem to fill a lot of my time with the minutiae of life and then seemed shocked that another week/month/year has passed.

Bucket List (still to do):

1) visit India
2) visit China
3) visit Tibet
4) write a book
5) run a 10k
6) learn to surf
7) scuba dive
8) visit Vermont
9) own a horse
10) speak another language (or four) fluently
11) learn to sail with a compass and geometry rather than electronic gauges
12) climb a 14er
13) vacation on a houseboat (a la the Bobbsey Twins)
14) live in DC
15) walk the Cinque Terre
16) Machu Picchu
17) Carivale in Brazil
18) Visit New Zealand (thanks Rob!)
19) spend a full week in Lyon eating and cooking
20) go truffle hunting
21) own a Chanel suit
22) re-read all of Any Rand's books (as a "real" adult I am sure they will be different than they were in graduate school)
23) serve on a corporation's Board of Directors





Things That Used to Be on My Bucket List (But I Have Already Done):

1) live in a foreign country (Done: Greece, Italy, Belgium, and France)
2) visit Africa (Kenya, Rwanda and Tanzania)
3) have a baby (the ever-so-perfect bebe boy)
4) start a blog (duh!)
5) learn to cook properly
6) practice yoga
7) have a bulldog (Mugsy and Delilah)
8) have a sheepdog (Moses)
9) drive on the Autobahn (not as exciting as I thought it would be)
10) learn to make sushi (the gift that keeps on giving)
11) serve on several Boards of Directors
12) shop at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul
13) cruise the Greek Islands (well, not all of them -- that is a lot of cruising!)
14) fly in a helicopter (once again, not as exciting as I thought it would be)
15) ride horseback down an Italian beach
16) win Lifetime Achievement Award for Volunteerism (over 4000 hours to Junior League)
17) know how to make a soufflé, crème brulee and spring rolls (yes, from scratch)
18) ski the Alps and the Rockies
19) be someone's Fabulous Auntie Mame
20) visit Ireland, Italy and France (I think I have been to 60 countries or so)
21) be quoted
22) say a prayer at Notre Dame, St Peters, Westminster and a Buddhist temple
23) cooking classes at Cordon Bleu in Paris
24) have friends from all over the world
25) own an Hermes and a Dior bag (1H and 5CD)


I would LOVE to hear your additions and recommendations!  {And, yes, I reserve the right to add/delete/edit my BL at will.}

2 comments:

  1. i'm betting against the 10K, maybe 22/23. jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that vote of confidence, Beans! When (if) I do it, you will be enlisted to run it with me. I'll get you some red sneakers... just to sweeten the pot.

    ReplyDelete