Monday, October 12, 2009

My Hubby the MetroSexual

Sweet hubby makes me laugh.  He actually said recently "You know, doll, I think I am pretty metro-sexual." 

I was shocked that 1) he even knew that word and 2) that he would EVER think of himself as metro.  Seriously?  The man has worn pants bought from Home Depot.

However, I was trying not to be cruel so I asked him "And what would make you think this, honey?"

"I am wearing brown shoes."

Sadly, he was serious.  "I bought you those shoes against your will.  I am not sure that this counts as metro."

"Nope, I am decidedly metro.  Trust me on this one."

So I ask him the following questions:

"Where do you get your haircut and how much does it cost?"
"On base, eight bucks including tip."
"A metro man goes to a salon and pays over $50 for a haircut."
"You gotta be shitting me, fifty bucks?"

"Okay, next question.  Would you ever get your hair highlighted?"
"Uhhh, is that the stripy stuff girls do to their hair?"
"Yes, the stripy things.  Would you ever do that to your hair?"
"Guys can do that?"
"Point made.  Next question"

"Would you carry a man-bag?"
"Why would I need a purse?"

"Do you like Michael Buble?"
"Who?"
"Once again, point made."

"Would you prefer a glass of champagne or a bottle of Shiner?"
"Do you need to even ask that?"

I love this man with all of my heart and I am honored to have him as the father of my baby boy.  But metro he isn't. 

2 comments:

  1. I just spit coffee at my computer screen from laughing so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA I can see this entire conversation taking place and the look on Uncle Kens face while you are asking him these things... PRICELESS!!!

    ReplyDelete