Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

I am in my accounting class which, for the record, I LOATHE.  And please do not tell me "You are good in math, you should like accounting."  Post hoc ergo propter hoc.  For those of you who did not have the pleasure of a Classical Catholic education including Latin, that translates to "after this, therefore because of this" -- a logical fallacy. 

And, besides, it is not the mathematical side of it that I hate (and, once again, I do not have a degree in addition.  Thank you very much). 

Accounting is not math.  If it, were I would dig it.  Accounting is its own animal and I hate that beast.

Tonight is great because we are talking about present value and future value.  Seriously?  We have to explain exponents to adults?  This is making me think that I am Wyle E Coyote, Accounting Supergenius. 

And the girl who is asking the most ridiculous questions is playing Farmville.  Yes, I realize that I am blogging rather than paying attention but at least I already know everything there is to know about exponents and compounding interest.  Trust me, this is not being egotistical.  It is a basic tenet that mathematicians know 'pert near everything about exponents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment