Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thanksgiving 10

I know this is goofy but I am so thankful for sunlight.  Too many dreary days in a row make me too melancholy.  On the occasional overcast day, I love baking cookies and reading in front of the fire.  However, after two days I am reading Sylvia Plath poetry and listening to Edith Piaf and other early emos.  Day Three I am scribbling my will on the back of an envelope, weighting my pockets down with pebbles and turning on the gas oven as a back-up.

I know, I know this from someone who lived in (and LOVED) Belgium for four years. 

However, I traveled five days a week for my job so I often moved from Belgium's clouds to the equally gray landscapes of Paderborn or Eindhoven.  Not better weather but clearly the variety in accents made all the difference.

Regardless, I am thankful for Colorado's perpetual sunshine.  It makes like so much easier for us solar-powered types. 

No comments:

Post a Comment