Friday, August 28, 2009

Me and The Boss

I had a business trip to Stockholm, a city I love - a city I love even more when on an expense account. Gorgeous people, tropical-colored houses, salmon at every meal ... really what could be better?

I go to my hotel bar (don't judge me) to have a quick nightcap before snoozy time. Because I am me, I start chatting with the other people there. Turns out that they are E Street Band members and crew. Not being a pop culture diva (to say the least), I had no idea. We are chatting away, Bruce shows up -- we continue chatting. Really nice guy, actually. Totally down-to-earth (relatively speaking). Plus, they were buying the champagne so that makes them so much better in my eyes. For the record, ANYONE who buys me Cristal makes me happy.

They gave me tickets for the concert the following night as well as back stage passes. For the record, I did not go. Being "with the band" one night is fun, two nights and you are some pathetic groupie. My clients LOVED the tickets, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment