Friday, August 21, 2009

More Random Baby Tidbits

"Your baby eats like every meal is his last."

I asked a friend "Have you noticed that Boden clothes run small?" Her response was "No, have you noticed your baby runs big?"

My neighbor calls kids that will only eat chicken nuggets, mac & cheese and fruit cups, "those applesauce kids." That makes me laugh every time. My 7 month old is the anti-applesauce baby. He eats curried rice, Shepard's Pie, kung pao beef, meatballs, chilled avocado and cucumber soup, etc. Quite the little gourmand. Please don't email me bitching about this, he is crazy-healthy, off the charts size-wise and growing so I see no point in jarred baby food. The day Gerber loves my baby more than I do is the day I adopt him out for his own good.

As a girl, I had NO IDEA that penises were so, well, pliable. Baby boy loves his wanker more than anything else, except possibly the bulldog. And who knew you could twist them around your fingers like that and stretch it so much? Do they lose flexibility as they get older or am I simply uncomfortable with treating them like some kind of kinky Stretch Armstrong?

And, yes, it makes me feel like a bad mom that my baby imitates the dog more than he does me. However, he will put his (Tiffany, thanks T&O) rattle in his mouth and give himself an underbite in order to carry it around when crawling. He has also taken to sticking his tongue out of the side of his mouth when he is concentrating. Delilah the Dog (her official Christian name) does this all the time, no concentration required.

Hubby and I took our niece and nephew (at their insistence) to some famous pizza and game place. I don't know the name of it so I simply refer to it as the Dancing Rat Place. Horror of horrors. For the uninitiated, here is the run-down. Horrid, salty pizza (and that is the highlight of the day). Everything lights up, whirls and clangs. Seriously, it is enough to cause epileptic seizures in the unmedicated. Millions of screaming, completely undisciplined, hepped-up-on-sugar kids zooming around in a totally uncontrolled fashion. And TO TOP IT OFF, randomly this big ass, dancing rat appears out of no where to terrorize everyone. Honest to God, they guy is like a 50 year old, minimum-wage-earning pedophile dressed up in used, dirty carpeting. Avoid this place at all costs. Trust me on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment