Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Why, Yes, I AM Ready for Some Football, Thanks for Asking!

I love football. More than most people do. Even most Texans. And I have no intention of apologizing for it. Some people watch Survivor, I adore John Madden and his banana fingers (yes, I am devastated that he retired. Devastated might be severe, more like saddened).


I have an interesting way to rank teams. Several people have asked me how I do it so here goes:

1) Dallas (Period dot. Always and forever. Yes, I know Jerry Jones is an ego-maniac and Tom Landry was mistreated. Yes, I know they often hire crazy egotists and criminals. However, I am loyal to a fault).
2) Any other Texas team (see, the brilliance of my plan is that it transcends simply the NFL) and New Orleans (I love the fact that they had a coach named "Bum").
3) Next I base it on other people's favorite team. The more I like you, the higher your team ranks. For example, my 8th grade crush loved the Bucaneers and, therefore, I will always have a place for them in my heart.
4) Then I base it on cities I like to visit. Ergo, Diego > Minnesota. If I am tied, I go for pleasantness of airport. Hence, Chicago falls since I always get stuck there.
5) Then I decide who I root for based on team colors. I like purple more than red hence Minnesota > Arizona.


second to last) Atlanta Falcons (MEAN TO DOGS, MEAN TO DOGS)


by far last) Philadelphia Eagles (HIRED mean to dogs! Seriously, you hired him? EGADS!)

No comments:

Post a Comment